Saturday, March 1, 2008

What the?

I'm sure that will be my mother's reaction to this blog. Especially since I decided that I should actually type with capital letters over here.

Anyway...I am not my mother's daughter in one big way - cooking. SHE can cook. I can mix things and heat them up. She can make 10 meals out of the leftovers from one meal. I lack total creativity and usually forget the leftovers are there until they are covered with mold and sliming up my refrigerator.

However, with Druggy's new job (my new nickname for the husband on this blog), he's home for dinner every night with me and the yahoos (aka - the children). In fact, it's now me that's often gone at dinner time more than he is!

My point being that I actually COOK now. We try to have family dinner every night and I TRY to plan our meals for a week and get all my shopping done at once and be the perfect Susy Homemaker (Okay, that made even ME laugh out loud). But this blog is not like other cooking blogs - if there is a faster way to make or do something, that's what I do. I was inspired to start this blog because of Pioneer Woman Cooks. I love reading her blogs, but most of the time when I read recipes on her site, or anyone else's, I usually determine that they require too much energy or too many ingredients. I guarantee that MY recipes will not have that affect on you. And if they do, please know that I only include them because if they are worth the effort for ME to make, they are worth the effort for YOU to make. Honest.

I'm sure I'll be including tips and recipes from my friends sometimes, too. My friend Big T relies heavily on her crockpot, so I know she's got lots of good ones up her apron strings. I do have tricks from my mom, too. I'm also a HUGE supporter/believer/follower of Pampered Chef - so I live by their cookbooks, and you'll be seeing quite a few of their recipes too, only with my tweaking and adjustments. So I'll be sure to offer credit where credit is due, because, quite frankly, I have very few original thoughts.

I hope you'll join me over here!

2 comments:

kategrizz said...

OK - so bring on the first recipe. As my friend Donna and I were just comparing notes and laughing about - we have a week on of planning and cooking, and then a week of - "What the heck am I making for dinner?" at the convenient hour of 6pm. This past week, we had Italian Cheesy Bread, Pancakes, Eggs and Breadfast Burritos, Take Out Chinese, and 2 meals at restaurants... and one night was so memorable - I can't even tell you what we ate! It's time for an "ON" week.

Mom said...

What the ???