Friday, October 3, 2008

yellow

Sometimes it's fun to plan a meal that centers all around one color. My middle school home ec teacher, Mrs. Johnson, would disagree strongly with me, as part of our grade included whether we had a good variety of colors on our plate. But for meals with young children, it's fun to make them all one color sometimes, too!

So I present to you, our 'yellow' meal:


Our 'ingredients' - fresh pineapple spears, direct from Hawaii. Even Lilly, who doesn't eat a lot of fruit, and really doesn't like pineapple, ate several of these. Most of you reading this blog will probably have to settle for the Meijer version of this fruit...shameful.


Pork tenderloin - I make many of these, in a variety of ways. This particular one was a Meijer marinated version that I baked. The kids enjoy pork quite a bit, regardless of the flavor (though Jason's favorite by far is slow-cooked with saurkraut).


Our side dish tonight was "Cheesy Rice". I typically use Minute Rice because even though rice isn't hard to cook, Minute Rice takes just minutes...duh. For this recipe I mixed in several slices of processed cheese...you can use small cubes of Velveeta, too. Then I sprinkled it with parsley to make it look like I'm a fancy cook. A fancy cook that makes Minute Rice.


And finally, for our vegetable this evening, I present the ever popular corn.

What color will your meal tonight be??

No comments: