Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweetest Day

Just so you know, I'm not always looking for the easiest, most processed way to cook dinner for my family. On Sweetest Day, I ventured to my favorite website for recipes in search of one for salmon. This is another one of those meals that we had a 'kid dinner' and then an adult dinner after they were in bed - in celebration of Sweetest Day (and the 13th anniversary of our first date!) The kids DO eat salmon, but they missed out on this meal.

I love this site because it is composed of recipes submitted by individuals, but also with a great system for reviews and ratings.

I selected a salmon and creamy dill sauce recipe. I'm not a huge fan of dill, but there were many recipes on the site that paired salmon and dill, so i figured they must know something I didn't.

So I followed the recipe (for the most part!) by putting the salmon fillet on a sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkling it with lemon pepper and garlic salt. Then I topped it with some thin slices of onion, lemon and some pats of butter and closed it all up for baking.

While it baked, I mixed up the creamy dill sauce - comprised of mayo, sour cream, dill, finely chopped onions, garlic salt, and a tad bit of horseradish.


After initial baking, the salmon was broiled for a bit to finish it off.

I served it with wild rice and green beans and it was INCREDIBLE. Hurray for another successful recipe search on the web!

No comments: